It’s conference time again! Just kidding, it’s always conference time in the lease and loan industry. Why you ask? Because we are a constantly evolving environment, with new rules, regulations, techniques, and technology coming out faster than we can keep up with! All of these things and more are the reasons you need to go into your conferences firing on all engines to get the most bang for your buck, and your brain.
Whether you are jetting off to a sunny spot or roughing it in a tundra somewhere, conference must-haves and must-dos stay the same. Take it from LTi on what not to forget when traveling from your home to hotel room, room to classes, and back home again:
When you get there and session musts:
- Go to the conference brief or welcoming session. It is possible there is something going on that you don’t know about and wouldn’t want to miss!
- Get used to where your conference is located. Don’t get caught up trying to find your session rooms and walk in late.
- Don’t forget your chargers! Put a reminder on your door or your phone to ensure you won’t be stranded without power. Computer and phone. It’s sad, but you may be lost without it. Think of all the things you currently do during conference sessions (take notes, follow along in programs, etc.) now think of the conference without all of that…YIKES.
- You cannot ever be too prepared. Map out what sessions you will be attending. Study or refresh on the subject a little before going into a session blindly. Take your session breaks discussing with other attendees’ things you did or didn’t understand.
- If you have questions, ask them PLEASE! Not only will your speakers absolutely love it, but you will also make a connection with them and possibly other people in the room. Not to mention, you don’t want to get back to work and run into the same problem you had a question about. If that happens, then well…don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- If your technology fails you, which we all know is possible, or if your eyes are getting strained from all the screens around you, always make sure to have a good ole notebook and pens ready to roll. Did you forget how to be a good note taker? Here are some tips.
Be on the lookout for an upcoming blog on: Networking tricks